So guys, there’s this thing, and this person nominated me for this thing, and that is what this post is about.
Ahem, now I shall explain further:
The Liebster Award (which I am convinced was started by someone named Libby whose nickname was Liebster) is about bloggers recognizing other bloggers, particularly those with only a couple hundred followers or less (a category I not only fall into but wholeheartedly embrace).
There are rules to this award however, namely~
~that the person who nominated me must be gratuitously linked back to (okay, maybe not gratuitously, but I thought it would be more fun to be dramatic about the rules) (Sorry Snowflake, never should have nominated me)
~that 11 (that’s right, 11, not 12, not 10, but the lovely prime, independent cool aunt of a number 11) random facts about yourself be included.
~that the questions asked by the nominator be answered, as all questions must.
~that up to 11 other blogs, who fall into the same cozy category of 200 followers or less, are nominated (to spread the love…)
~that 11 (there’s that darn number again!) questions be listed, so that your nominees be forced into answering them…
~that you notify all your nominees (a surprisingly important part of this whole process!)
Anyways, here are eleven random facts about myself:
- I really really want to make ginger-lemon cupcakes with freshly grated ginger frosting right now.
- I call my sister to sing her songs, then hang up. Often.
- I have been campaigning for someone to name a pet Colonel Fuzzypaws for several years.
- My cat is named Goose.
- My dog is named Rumplestiltskin, he is surprisingly good with small children!
- I am in a relationship with public libraries.
- I was an obsessive fairy tale collector when I was younger.
- I auditioned for a talent show when I was 12 with a song I didn’t know because my friends said it would be fun, but I thankfully did not make it in.
- I never drank tea before I sipped it suspiciously in England, and was forced afterwards to add another obsession to my list.
- I lost my fear of the dark when I was little by telling my sister scary stories before going to bed. In turns out that scaring others gets rid of my fear!
- I am lying sick a-bed as I write all this. It’s so bad that I have had to call in sick to work for two days now…
Now Snowflake’s questions must need be answered:
- If you had a superpower, what would it be? I would love to be able to speak fluently in any language I encountered.
- What is your favorite band? B1A4
- How would you describe yourself in only 3 words? I would not.
- What is your least favorite thing about yourself? That I’m too sick to do anything outside of type on a laptop right now…
- Where have you always wanted to travel? Egypt!
- What is the first thing you notice about people? Their hair, hands down. (I actually have difficulty distinguishing between people who have the same hairstyle…)
- What is your dream career? A cultural anthropologist who travels to small villages and lives there for a time collecting and preserving folklore.
- Who is your role-model? Jane Austen
- If you HAD to change your name, what would you change it to? Danielle
- Top three books? GAHHH. Most difficult question, right here. But I’ll have to say… Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo, Lady Susan by Jane Austen, Snow Queen by Hans Christian Anderson
- If you could meet a fictional character, who would it be and why? I would love to have tea with Anne Elliot from Persuasion by Jane Austen. I just feel like I could learn a lot from having her as a mentor in my life.
I nominate Ink Spot, and The Wayword Writer, to tell me 11 random facts about themselves and answer whatever 11 ridiculous questions I will now think up. Oh, and I am nominating them for the Liebster Award too, of course.
Okay, here are the questions:
1. What is your earliest memory?
2. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?
3. Favorite holiday? Why?
4. The most hilarious animal name you can think of?
5. Spots or stripes?
6. Half-full or half-empty? Explain.
7. Favorite historical fact?
8. If you were fabulously wealthy, and had already solved world hunger, ensured the adoption of all orphans, etc. and still had more money than you can imagine to burn, what would you do? (Hint: I would stage proper movie adaptations of all of Jane Austen’s novels)
9. Favorite time period style?
10. Favorite author?
11. Why do you blog?
Again, thank you Snowflake for nominating me!